This course is intended to give an overview of topics in finite mathematics with applications. This course covers mathematics of finance, logic, set theory, elementary probability and statistics. This course does not provide sufficient background for students who will need to take Precalculus Algebra (Math 112) or Calculus (Math 125).
Learning Outcomes for This Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Calculate simple and compound interest.
- Calculate future and present value of annuities.
- Apply laws of logic to argument analysis.
- Calculate simple and conditional probability.
- Calculate expected values and variances.
For a complete syllabus, visit UA’s online syllabus management website.
To contact your instructor, visit our contact page.