All tests must be taken in the MTLC.
- There are four 50-minute tests and a 150-minute mandatory, comprehensive final exam. Test dates and times are listed on the front page of this information guide.
- You may take any test early: “Early” means by Monday of the week containing its deadline date (or by the Friday of dead week for the final exam). No appointment is needed for early tests. You must begin an early test by 3pm Monday – Friday, or by 2pm on Friday of dead week for final exam.
- You will be taking your four 50 minute test during your lab time on the dates as noted on the front page of this information guide. You will register online for a final exam day and time. The front page of this information sheet lists beginning and ending dates/times for online registration for the final exam. To register online, go to the MTLC website (mtlc.ua.edu), select Test Registration, log in as instructed, select Register, then choose an available time. You may freely cancel or change your test time while online registration is open. Be sure to verify your registration time log back in to the test registration site.
- Arrive on time for your test. Tardiness will cost you working time on the test. Bring your photo ID and pencils with you. Follow the signs to the back hallway. Staff will check your ID and give you a personalized test paper (which is your initial scratch paper), then direct you to your seat.
- The Casio FX-260-Solar School scientific calculator is the only hand-held electronic device allowed during testing. All calculator covers must be removed and put out of sight during testing. Use of any unapproved calculator during a test will be treated as academic misconduct. No calculator help will be given during testing.
- Cellphones must be turned completely off and placed with all other belongings on the floor. Apple watches must be put away. Physically holding or concealing your cell phone, apple watch, or other unapproved technological device during the test will be treated as academic misconduct.
- As soon as you are seated, you may begin your exam. The MTLC will give you additional scratch paper as needed; no other paper is allowed. When you are finished, bring all your papers to the lab entrance where staff will collect them.
- You can review your test before you leave the lab. You may not write down any information pertaining to test questions to take with you when you leave the MTLC after an exam. You may not share any test information with anyone who hasn’t taken the test. Violators will be charged with academic misconduct. If you question the grading of any answer, you must meet with your instructor during the week following the test to discuss it.
- You may not leave your table during a test without permission. This includes getting water and using the restroom. Cell phone, Apple watch, all other technological devices and photo ID must be left in the testing area.
- Special MTLC Study Hours during test weeks: 5pm-9pm ONLY, Monday– Thursday, 8am-4:30pm Friday of test weeks. All other times are reserved for testing. The lab will be closed for studying and open only for testing during final exam week.
- If you miss a test, your zero score will be considered your lowest and will be dropped. Only one test score may be dropped.