This is an accelerated combination of MATH 112 and MATH 113 (Algebra and Trigonometry) and is a fast track to
MATH 125. This course is intended for students with a very strong background in college preparatory mathematics. Evaluation will be based on
online homework, quizzes, four tests, and a comprehensive final exam.
- The course presents the essential characteristics and basic processes of inquiry and analysis in the discipline.
- The course encourages the development of critical thinking skills and requires students to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate knowledge.
- The course considers its subjects in relation to other disciplines and to the human condition.
- The course is not limited to majors in any discipline.
- The course does not focus on professional skills.
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR THIS COURSE:
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to
- Understand and graph polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions and their inverses.
- Solve linear, quadratic, absolute value, rational, exponential, logarithmic equations and inequalities and trigonometric equations.
- Graph circles, parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas.
- Understand polar graphs, and complex numbers in polar form, their powers, and roots.
- Perform vector operations.
- Solve systems of equations.